ASSISTANT ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE
Support assigned account team with project initiation, coordination, execution and quality control.
Essential Duties or Responsibilities
- Coordinating and routing projects through the Agency.
- Assists with preparation of creative briefs for projects as directed by Account Executives, Account Supervisors and/or Directors
- Proofs and QC’s all materials at each stage of the development process.
- Monitors activity on assigned projects and communicates status of each project to appropriate agency and client contacts.
- Maintains communications with appropriate agency and client personnel to ensure positive work flow through, weekly status reports and project timelines.
- Reviews and reconciles monthly billing to client approved E&As and PO#s.
- Build rapport and credibility with client, as well as with internal departments.
- Learn to work independently and become “point” or “go- to” person (both internally and externally) on smaller projects that Account Supervisor/Director assigns AAE to manage. This means AAE figures out or takes a shot at what to do versus always waiting to be told what to do.
- Maintains positive morale and sense of teamwork among agency staff assigned to account.
- Coordinates production of all meeting materials.
- Reviews monthly billing worksheets to ensure projects are tracking within budget and proposed timing.
- Ensures requested revisions and proofs changes made, produces client recaps and emails to appropriate client contacts and maintains appropriate files.
- Prepares client correspondence as necessary including primary responsibility for updating and distributing weekly status report to clients and daily hot sheets to internal staff.
- Identify ways to enhance and expand relationships with members of the account, creative and development teams.
Performance Evaluation Criteria
- Aid in tracking account revenue via accurate/timely monthly billing recap generation.
- Aid with creation and monitoring of project estimate vs. actual.
- Aid in accurate/timely processing and distribution of monthly billing.
- Prepare accurate/timely hot sheets and status reports.
- Consistently utilize agency tools and processes to help manage and deliver client work on time and on budget.
- Assist in preparing and distributing accurate and timely creative briefs, timelines, estimates, memos, etc. utilizing agency templates.
- Prepare and distribute weekly status report.
- Establish and maintain current client, agency and competitive files.
- Organized—able to sort, file and retrieve information logically and easily.
- Multitask oriented—able to handle multiple tasks and deadlines under stress.
- Detail oriented—attentive and accurate.
- Flexible—able to shift gears easily.
- Effective communicator—able to communicate to agency staff and clients. both verbally and in writing; a good listener.
- Self-confident—able to project and instill confidence in others.
- Self-starter— able to anticipate needs and act without direction.
- Knowledgeable—exhibits basic understanding of various agency functions, including creative development, production, quality control and proofing.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, English, journalism or liberal arts.
- 2+ years of experience in an agency or client equivalent as account coordinator. Direct marketing experience a significant plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.